1. Be as receptive and open to the massage process as possible.
2. Don’t eat just before a massage session. Let your body digest your meal first.
3. Be on time. If you arrive in a frenzied, rushed state, it may take longer to relax.
4. Take off only as much clothing as you are comfortable removing.
5. Communicate with your massage therapist.
6. Remember to breathe normally. Breathing helps facilitate relaxation.
7. Relax your muscles and your mind. Let your massage therapist know this is happening.
8. Drink extra water after your massage.
9. Don’t get up too quickly and do allow for some open, quiet time after your massage session.
10. Be prepared to schedule several massage sessions. Massage has its greatest benefits over time.